Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Emperor Has No Clothes



We are all familiar with the children’s story about a ruler who is conned by a crooked tailor into “seeing” special clothes that only privileged people were capable of seeing. On the day that the emperor wore his new clothes for the very first time the town folks either saw these special clothes or at eh very least pretended to see the special clothes. All, except one small child who exclaimed “Look! The Emperor has no clothes!” and with that everyone saw the naked truth of just how special the Emperor really was!



Today I feel like that small child! I know a secret about the emperor that very few know about. If I share my secret – while the world would continue to spin on it’s axis – in some circles their world would grind to a halt.



Some would never believe the truth and for others 5their faith would be sorely tried.



This blog is going to be my therapy session as I make a decision on how to proceed



So what are the effects of pointing out the truth?



The emperor in this case deceived himself in believing the lie about his sin but the emperor is no more, only his reputation.



Many would not believe the truth. So what! We are still commanded to speak the truth albeit in love. Ephesians 4:15.



Some less mature believers might question their faith or at least their faith in their leaders. I don’t want to be a stumbling block for another’s faith. 1 Corinthians 8:9.



It would be sweet revenge! But I’m commanded to for give – and I thought that I had.



Who would benefit from my “unburdening” myself?



Just me – it’s not supposed to be about me. No, rather it’s about God!



Can I trust God to do the right thing? I think so after all he is holy and just as well as lovingly merciful and a dispenser of grace.



So let’s see, we are commanded to love like Jesus. We must love and forgive if we want forgiveness. Matthew 6:12. We are told that love covers a multitude of sins, this for all believers not just me personally.1 Peter 4:8.



Almost 30 years ago I learned the truth about the emperor and I’ve kept the secret for all this time. I’ve hung onto1 Timothy 5:4 as a promise. Since I trusted Father this long, I guess I can trust him the rest of my life.



Pssst – want to hear a secret??



Pastor Val

No comments: