Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Life in the Fast Lane

At 10:50 PM last night I got one of those calls that every parent dreads.

“Your daughter has been in an accident. She is all right, a little banged up but she’d like you to come to the scene.”

Her mother and I quickly jumped into the car and drove the 3 and one half miles up the road to check on our daughter.

She had been in her car stopped and waiting to turn into her friend’s sub when she was rear-ended. The car looked totaled to my untrained eyes.

We took her to the emergence room at the hospital. After a couple of x-rays, a cat scan and a doctor’s examination, we finally left the hospital.

She’s a little so banged up and in a neck brace but she’s home!

At times like these I am reminded of how fragile life is and how gracious Father is in taking care of our loved ones and us.

Things like cars can be replaced but family members can never be replaced.

Father, thanks for watching over our oldest last night. I know you are trying to get her attention. (She knows it, too.) I just pray that she won’t prove to be as dense as her old man is sometimes.

May your will be done on earth as it is in heaven

Amen

Pastor Val

3 comments:

Amy Stewart said...

Thanks for telling me about your blog. I will add you to my reader, and look forward to reading each week. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's accident, but thankful that it wasn't worse. I'll pray for her continued recovery.

amy :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for this modern widow into your world. I'm pleased to hear that your daughter is doing okay. I hope this message finds her on a continued road to recovery,and all the family well.

Anonymous said...

well, now that we know she is alright, is her car alright? :( im sad that no one called me to let me know...ill try to give you and mom a call later...

bug