Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Beginnings

Today I begin a new blog. For years I’ve sent emails to my various ministry groups to encourage and inform them. My hope is that this blog will act much like my emails of the past.

I chose the name AncientFuture Mariner for this blog to describe the journey that I have been on for the last few years. Robert Webber, my friend and mentor, coined this concept as it applies to our understanding of the faith of the early church that once again resonates with the postmodern society, a society that is becoming more and more prevalent today. The society that we find ourselves dealing with is not the modernistic society of our parents. Rather this post Christian society of America is much like the society the early church found itself striving to reach in the first century, a society that is predominately non Christian, multicultural and poly-religious.

In this blog I expect to address areas of interest in the church, family and society at large from a Biblical perspective. My hope is that you will find this blog to be informative, occasionally humorous, and from time to time even thought provoking.

Pax my friend

Pastor Val

No comments: